An electrical inspection or conditional survey report is a formal document reporting the condition of an electrical installation.
Every electrical installation deteriorates with use and time. Therefore, if the safety of the users is not to be put at risk, it is important that every installation is periodically inspected and tested by a competent person. Indeed it is a requirement of the Electricity at Work Regulations that all electrical installations - “systems” are maintained so as to prevent danger or risk of injury.
The reference documents for inspection of electrical installations are:
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
Requirements for Electrical Installations IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition 2008
All installations are inspected within the scope and recommendations of these two documents and they apply to:
• Domestic installations in our homes or rented property
• Commercial installations in offices warehouses and shops
• Public buildings
• Industrial installations such as factories and workshops
• Agricultural and horticultural premises
• Prefabricated buildings
• Caravan sites
• Construction sites, exhibitions fairs and temporary buildings
• Highway power supplies, street furniture and outside lighting
EES provide a professional and competent inspection and testing service to meet the needs of all sectors covered by these regulations.